Stored procedures and Oracle

From: Craig van der Walt <vdwaltc_at_global.co.za>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:28:22 +0200

Hi all
I am looking for some assistance from the Oracle guru's and I how this is the right forum.

I need to write a stored procedure that will return 1 recordset. I have implemented stored procedure in SQLServer and found that if one does a select statement at the end of the procedure then this result set is returned. You could therefore do the following in the procedure definition

Proc header
AS
Define variable

Do select staement which assigns the variable and Lastly do the following.

Select variable as column_name
End proc definition.

If you call this procedure via odbc you are able to get the returned data values field for field.

Now can anyone tell me how to do this via Oracle. I am able to define the procedure and call it but I don't know how to access the data.

Please help a beginner on Oracle procedures.

Regards
Craig van der Walt
vdwaltc_at_global.co.za Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 05:28:22 CDT