Re: Indices move from one tablespace to another

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/03/27

Were all the indexes moved to the DATA tablespace after you re-enabled the constraints (Step 6) or only the unique indexes that enforce the PRIMARY KEY and UNIQUE constraints ? If only those unique indexes were moved, the reason may be that you did not specify the USING INDEX clause in your ALTER TABLE...ENABLE CONSTRAINT... statement; the enforcing indexes were then re-created in the user's default tablespace, which is (presumably and sensibly so) the DATA tablespace.

If ALL the indexes were moved to the DATA tablespace, I am as puzzled (and helpless) as you are.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu