Indices move from one tablespace to another

From: Hero R. Post <HERO.POST_at_ORAP.NL>
Date: 1998/03/27

Maybe someone can help me,
I am working on with Oracle 7.2 on an HP UNIX machine. My database is fairly large, so when I do an import it takes about 22hrs. To decrease this time, I decided to disable all the constraints. When I do the import this way, the time needed decreases by about 20-30%.

Now a weird thing happens, when I enable the constraints again, the indices are created in the wrong tablespace.
The steps I go through are:

1. Drop the schema (cascade)
2. Create the User again
3. Create all the tables and indices (in the correct tablespaces, even the
implicit indices)
4. Disable the constraints.
5. Import the data
6. Enable the constraints.

In steps 3,4,5 all the indices use the INDEX tablespace. Only after step 6 the indices 'moved' to the DATA tablespace which should be used only for the tables.

I am completely lost can any on help???

Hero Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST