Multiple tnsnames.ora files possible?

From: <jmr_at_snowhite.mto.allied.com>
Date: 1998/02/14

I have an Oracle 7.3.3 on AIX v4 system. It has the normal tnsnames.ora file, and everything works well. What I'm trying to do is have a second tnsnames.ora file in a different directory which is used for testing.

When testing, I want to use this file, and not the system file. Is this possible? I've tried setting TNS_ADMIN to the fully-qualified path name of the second tnsnames.ora file, but sqlplus always uses the main file.

Is there a way that this can easily be done?

Thanks in advance.

John Ritter
AlliedSignal Inc.
jmr_at_snowhite.mto.allied.com Received on Sat Feb 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST