Re: Oracle 8 & WebServer 2

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1998/01/19

marktoml_at_gdi.net (mark tomlinson) writes:

>On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:17:44 +0100, Roberto Finelli <se_at_ipsnet.it>
>wrote:

>>I read on the news a message about errors in Web Server 2 installation
>>on Oracle 8, that is:
>>>OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 3121
>>>ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
>>during the installation of DCD.

We had a problem on WS2.1 on NT, w/Ora8 on Sun. When we specified the Oracle home of the NT box, rather than of the Sun box, it worked. With the Sun Oracle_home specified we got the above error.

(Yes, all networking etc was configured correctly).

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Senior Consultant, Custom Business Solutions, Inc.