Re: Oracle 8 & WebServer 2

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_gdi.net>
Date: 1998/01/16

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:17:44 +0100, Roberto Finelli <se_at_ipsnet.it> wrote:

>I read on the news a message about errors in Web Server 2 installation
>on Oracle 8, that is:
>>OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 3121
>>ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
>during the installation of DCD.
>
>I have the same problem. I read Thomas Kytes's answer, but his tip
>didn't help. I installed Sql*Net 2 and configured it as well,
>but I keep on getting errors in DCD installation, and I can't make
>SQL*Net 2 work together with Net8 neither alone with Oracle 8.
>What was wrong?
>
>Thanks anticipately
>
>Roberto Finelli
>se_at_ipsnet.it

Be certain that you are NOT speciying the SID for a local RDBMS connection, but rather give it the SQL*Net alias you created for the oracle 8 database, (use SQL*Net easy config if you don't know how to do it manually). If you try to do a local connect it will fail, there no longer is a two-task interface into Oracle 8 so it needs to loopback through net, (or use the bequeath adapter).

So, to summarize: create a SQL*Net v2 alias that will connect to the Oracle 8 database...and then use that alias in the DCD configuration. (I have done this - it works).

-mark Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST