Re: mixed case column names

From: Sameer Mahajan <sameerm_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/18

HI Paul,

I guess that ERWin Create script must have something like

Create table "Mixed_Case"
(
"Mixed_Case_Field"
)

Then Oracle would create the table in the same way i.e. mixed case.

I would suggest u to do a describe on the table u have create under SQL*Plus that should tell u whats the exact definition in the Oracle database.

To check the table name u could use:

Select table_name from user_tables;

The try doing a
> describe "Mixed_Case"

If that's the case then remove all the " " from the create script. That would convert every thing to upper case irrespective of Mixed_Case.

HTH Sameer Mahajan
sameermj_at_usa.net

Paul R. Reed, Jr. <prreed_at_halcyon.com> wrote in article <34C108B9.49DDE792_at_halcyon.com>...