mixed case column names

From: Paul R. Reed, Jr. <prreed_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 1998/01/17

Hello,

I am running Oracle 7.3 on Windows/NT and have a very dumb question to ask. I generated some DDL from ERWin into Oracle and the table names and column names are mixed case. According to my Oracle manual, Oracle treats these names as all upper case.

Whenever I execute queries agains my database through ODBC, it requires me to put the table name and column name in double quotes. I went in and created synonyms for the tables without the quotes but I still can't refer to the column names unless I do something like:

"tablename"."columnname".

This same DDL generated in MS SQLServer works like a champ without all this mishmash...any ideas.

Paul

Jackson-Reed, Inc. Ph 719-598-8615 Fax 719-598-8614

"Your Prescription To Client/Server Success"
http://www.jacksonreed.com