Re: Using Oracle Roles?

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_nospameastman.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

One way to give roles within an application but not have them available otherwise is to create the role with an assigned password. -- CREATE ROLE rolex IDENTIFIED BY passx
Grant the role to your user or another role but do not make it a default role. In your application, enable the role for the user specifying the password. There is somewhat of a security risk as the password for the role is hard-coded into the application.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Oracle and OracleRdb Database Administrator

Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com> wrote in article
<34390FB0.88133F77_at_boeing.com>...