Using Oracle Roles?

From: Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

Can anyone point me to a third party product or information on using Oracle roles within an application? What I would like to do which I heard is possible is to set up roles with database privileges so that when a user runs a particular application they will have all the necessary table privileges needed by the application and when they exit the application all the privileges go away.

--

Douglas Scott
Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com