Re: Creating & accessing a database across CDs

From: Alexander Vos <alv_at_wup.de>
Date: 1997/09/05

I don't know if i got to realize Drews problem.

But i think he wants to run his db from the cd's. With Access db's that wont work, because each mdb creates an ldb file while opening. (locking mechanism).

But if you attach these DB to access and the db files are in a different format there could be a workaround.
If youre db contains different tables, split these Tables to diferent dbs and store each db on a different CD. In youre access db attach them and set the desired relationships. This could work, I think.

This should also work when using Powerbuilder Let Powerbuilder access youre little and smal lokal Access.mdb files.

alv
alv_at_wup.de