Re: HELP! Need Archivelog Info

From: TC1Simp <tc1simp_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/06

>Sounds like your programmer is concerned about hardware resources
>i.e. not enough cpu or disk. Archiving just isn't that hard to
>set up so why not try it and see if the concerns are justified?

Thanks for the input. This is a new application still under development.  We are still working on specifying the system hardware requirements for commercial deployment; additional cpu or disk requirements can still be written into the spec. (Quantifying additional CPU or disk requirements seem to be part of the issue) Also, wouldn't "seeing if the concerns are justified" would require a fully functioning system? If not, I'll suggest it to him.

His other concern has to do with ongoing administrative tasks. As this will be a run-time only program, the user is not anticipated to be using a DBA. We would like everything user-friendly: all functions from menus or automatic (i.e. backup). He feels that running in archivelog mode will entail requiring a higher level of user expertise. Is additional expertise required to run under ARCHIVELOG?

Any comments? Thanks for your help!! Received on Wed Aug 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT