HELP! Need Archivelog Info

From: TC1Simp <tc1simp_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/05

What are the pro's and con's of using ARCHIVELOG?

(I am a marketing consultant working with a firm that is developing a commercial product using ORACLE. From what I have read, we need to be operating in Archivelog mode. The application will be running 24 hours a day and are capturing data that could not be fully re-created. However, the programmer feels that there is too much overhead associated with it and it is unnecessary/undesirable.) Can anybody help shed some light on this issue?

Thanks!!! Received on Tue Aug 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT