Re: IBM DB2 serious alternative to Oracle/Informix?

From: Tim Schaefer <tschaefe_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

haider_at_vnet.ibm.com wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I am obviously biased because I work in the DB2 UDB development team, but
> from your comments it seems like you have tested the old DB2 Common
> Server. Please take a look at the following url, it contains excerpts
> from (and links to) reviews of the UDB beta by the industry publications
> and consultants. Most of them praise the new look of the gui.
>
> http://www.software.ibm.com/data/news/industry.html

Haider,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

> You can also read a review by Information Week at the following url:
> http://www.iweek.co.uk/reviews/006/rev12.stm
>
> I think we will be in open beta program pretty soon, and then you can try
> out for yourself.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Haider A. Rizvi (haider_at_vnet.ibm.com)
> DB2 UDB Performance group, IBM Canada Ltd.,
> Toronto, Canada.
>
> Disclaimer: I don't speak for IBM.

Thanks Haider for the information. As I get a chance to look at it I will.

In all fairness to IBM, I must thank you and Toby and IBM for their people.
Your willingness to participate in this and other discussions speaks volumns of greatness here. Even if I do not appreciate the product to the
same degree as others, I appreciate your participation more than anything.

Stay with it, and when DB2 looks like something I'm more familiar with, you'll have won me over.

Tim

--
Tim Schaefer                  \\|//
tschaefe_at_mindspring.com       (6 6)