Re: How to increase the performance of oracle73 under NT4 server?

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: 1997/03/20

Hi <unknown> ;-)

i'd try a

create index samieee_x_name_ln on samieee (first_name, last_name) storage (initial 10M next 1M pctincrease 0);

To be shure your statistics data for the cost-based optimizer is created use: alter table samieee estimate statistice.

It's not unusual (for me on UNIX) that the CPU utilisation is low if there is a heavy search because the I/o is busy not the CPU.

With proper indexing you should get you answers < 1 sec.

Kind regards,

Toni

--
A. Dischner, SGI&AIX sysadmin, Oracle DBA       | Don't let friends
Institut fuer Klinische Chemie                  | use WinDose