Re: oracle loader

From: CSI <mail34067_at_pop.net>
Date: 1997/03/18

Simon Taylor <simon_at_microlistics.com.au> wrote in article <5gifq0$l0_at_sleipnir.iaccess.com.au>...
> >> I am attempting to upgrade an Access 2 database to Oracle 7 Server and
> >> need to import data from the old database. I have looked through all
> >> the help files and literature I can find regarding Oracle Loader but
 all
> >> seem to suggest that in the control file, it is necessary to state
 start
> >> and end positions for each field in the ASCII data file. Surely there
> >> is a way to implement Loader using csv files for input. (Some of my
> >> tables have 130 fields and I hate typing)
> >>
> >> Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Hadi
> >> --

Hi Hadi,

easy approach would be to create a link to your Oracle table in Access. ( Create an Oracle DataSource and then a link to your table ). If these two tables are of same structure, you can do a " insert into <oracle table> select * from <access table> ".

Easy huh?

PS:
If they are not of same structure, you have to do some drag and drop. You need to have ODBC drivers installed for Oracle on your PC.

-ram Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST