Re: oracle loader

From: Simon Taylor <simon_at_microlistics.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/17

>> I am attempting to upgrade an Access 2 database to Oracle 7 Server and
>> need to import data from the old database. I have looked through all
>> the help files and literature I can find regarding Oracle Loader but all
>> seem to suggest that in the control file, it is necessary to state start
>> and end positions for each field in the ASCII data file. Surely there
>> is a way to implement Loader using csv files for input. (Some of my
>> tables have 130 fields and I hate typing)
>>
>> Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hadi
>> --

Hadi,

Here is a sample SQL*Loader control file that parses a file with comma separated fields:

load data
append
into table is_ifac_order_line
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"' (

 ORDER_NO               "rtrim(:order_no)",
 PRODUCT                "rtrim(:product)",
 QUANTITY               ,
 QTY_LCD                ,
 PRICE                  ,
 IFAC_KEY               ,
 LINE_NUMBER            RECNUM,
 ACTION_INDICATOR       constant 'C',
 RELEASED               constant 'N',
 QTY_UNITS              constant '1',
 PACKSIZE               constant 'DUMMY',
 CLIENT                 constant '1005'

)

Regards,

Simon Taylor. Received on Mon Mar 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST