Fastest data updating?

From: shih-jen hsu <sjhsu_at_cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: 1997/02/07

Hi!

  My project consists of users connecting to Oracle through ODBC. We anticipate that occassionally the data within the database will have to be "reloaded", and my question is that what is the fastest, or least disruptive way of elminating old records of schemas in oracle and putting new records in. So far Ive found Import and Sql Loader, but was wondering if there were other ways. Maybe make two instances of the database, then switch the one the users are connected to?

  Please help :)

  My email address is "jen_at_jolt.att.com"

Thanks ahead!
Jen Received on Fri Feb 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST