Re: Delphi / Oracle / Stored Proc

From: Ed Hillmann <Ed_P._Hillmann_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1997/02/05

From my understanding of Delphi's interface with Oracle, it cannot return result sets from Oracle Stored procedures. In fact, currently, it can only return one set, and it is written in the Params property of the TStoredProc component. This is what I have been told, having never experimented with it myself. So, someone with more first hand knowledge may know differently.

Currently, you cannot get a return set from an Oracle stored procedure. I don't think this is going to stay the same for much longer. It is my understanding that a) Oracle has modified their Stored Procedures so they can return multiple rows, and b) the BDE will be changed to get those multiple rows to Delphi. I think a) has happened. I can't confirm nor deny if b) is going to be in the next release of Delphi and/or the BDE. It may be worthwhile to see if that is mentioned when they officially release what will be in Delphi 97, or Delphi 3.0 or whatever it's being called.

Good luck,
Ed