Delphi / Oracle / Stored Proc

From: Marc Scheuner <marc.scheuner_at_NO.SPAM.PLEASE.ch>
Date: 1997/02/05

Has anyone out there created an Oracle stored procedures that returns more than one row of data, and interfaced from Delphi to this stored procedure?

I basically know how to create a stored procedure in Oracle that uses a cursor to iterate through a set of rows.

I know (and have used) TStoredProc in Delphi, but so far I never tried to have one return multiple values.

In Interbase, you can say something like

	for select (fields) from (table)
	where (condition)
	into (parameters)
	do
	  suspend;

Is there something similar in Oracle? How can I make it clear to the Oracle stored procedure that an "outside event" (e.g. a "TStoredProc.Next" from Delphi) will fetch the next row of data?

Any hitns are welcome!
Marc

Marc Scheuner, marc.scheuner_at_bernoise.ch CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland Received on Wed Feb 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST