Re: DATA BLOCK CORRUPTED

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/01/10

Wisdom Beauty wrote:

> Any experience in fixing data block corruption?
>
> Please e-mail to jytasc_at_m2.dj.net.tw

Unfortunately, yes. You have to drop the offending object and recreate it. If it's an index or rollback segment, you haven't lost anything. If it's a table, you have lost the data in that block. If you don't have a suitable backup to recover it from, you can export the table, drop it and re-import it. You have to set the option to ignore corrupted blocks but I can't remember if this is an export option or done with an 'alter' command. I'm sure someone else out there knows the exact syntax.

--
---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services