Re: DATA BLOCK CORRUPTED

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vardhineni_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/01/17

If the corrupted block belong to a table, then you need to set the event 10231. Setting the event 10231 lets you select the data from the table by skipping the corrupted block. You can set this event either by using ALTER SESSION command or by including an event in the INIT.ORA.

        Alter session set events '10231 trace name context off';

or set the following in the INIT.ORA

        event = "10231 trace name context forever, level 10"

        It may be a good idea to seek the help of Oracle World Wide Support, before executing above commands.

--
Vijaya Kumar Vardhineni
Certified Oracle DBA, EDS

Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com> wrote in article <32D66793.4A65_at_att.com>...