Re: Study Access or Oracle

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/04

Andrew Jose wrote:

> 1. Does using Oracle cause one to work more often

> with larger companies rather than with smaller
> firms which would automatically have Access with
> the omnipresent MSOffice? Or is this really too
> arbitrary to say? I would prefer smaller
> projects.

  If the company handles a great deal amount of data and needs to consider the performance, concurrency and security, I do think that Oracle is the appropriate one.

  My option is Oracle does it very well with respect to the theory of RDBMS. Many theories in RDBMS have been realized by Oracle rather than Microsoft Access. You will find some if you learn Oracle.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841