Newbie Tablespace Question

From: Phil Beckert <pbeckert_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

I've inherited an Oracle (under Netware) database. What are the consequences of running out of room in a tablespace? Can the database be damaged as a result, or is it simply a matter of shutting the database down and adding more disk space and/or allocating more space on an existing disk? If there is potential for data loss, how dire are the consequences? Are only uncommited records affected when the error occurs, or can the database as a whole become corrupted?

I apologize if this is outlined in an FAQ somewhere. If so, point me to the FAQ, and I'll review it.

Finally, can anyone suggest a good text for a new Oracle database administrator?

Thanks,

Phil Beckert
Lincoln Park Zoo Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST