Re: Newbie Tablespace Question

From: Steve Dodsworth <steven_dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/20

Phil Beckert <pbeckert_at_interaccess.com> wrote in article <pbeckert.1.0014B07F_at_interaccess.com>...
> I've inherited an Oracle (under Netware) database. What are the
 consequences
> of running out of room in a tablespace?

The uncommitted transactions would be rolled back.

 Can the database be damaged as a
> result,

Never heard of this happening

or is it simply a matter of shutting the database down and adding more
> disk space and/or allocating more space on an existing disk?

You can do the above without bringing the database down

If there is
> potential for data loss, how dire are the consequences? Are only
 uncommited
> records affected when the error occurs, or can the database as a whole
 become
> corrupted?

Only uncommitted transactions are lost

See oracle WWW site and o'reillys at www.ora.com lots to choose from