Re: Building MySQL 5.7 From Source on Windows

From: J.O. Aho <user_at_example.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 10:12:08 +0200

On 18/10/2019 23.50, Lyle H. Gray wrote:

> Perhaps it's not that I have a remnant from a previous installation
> interfering -- perhaps there's a piece that is missing when building from
> source that would be present if I started with a complete installation
> and then built over that, similar to how I have previously done upgrades.

I used to build MySQL and MariaDB for some years, but of course on the world most used OS instead, all the table creation are done during the initialization and is built onto the binary. There ain't anything you need to patch, the only thing that may need tweaking is the my.cnf/my.ini, but as you have a working one which you seem to modify the paths on, things should work.

Sure some options may cause issues and it seems that there has been something done with data paths in between 5.6 and 5.7, as gentoo ebuilds seems to nowadays throw warnings if you have older installations.

--
  //Aho