Re: How to re-activate databases

From: Fokke Nauta <usenet_at_solfon.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 13:04:20 +0200

[Quoted] On 07/06/2019 10:02, J.O. Aho wrote:

> On 06/06/2019 14.55, Fokke Nauta wrote:

>>> Remove the "symbolic link" and configure your my.cnf to have the
>>> correct path for the datadir setting.
>>>

>> You mean my.ini. That's the config file.
>
> It may be called something else in a lesser os, so I guess that it's the
> one.
>

>> When I change the data path, MySQL will no longer start.
>> That's why I tried to do the trick with the sym link.

[Quoted] > See to that the whole path has the right ownership (compare with the
> working path). Also ensure you do write the path correctly, so you have
> the slashes in the right direction.

Hey, this was the trick!
I compared the security properties from both folders, and they were different. To the folder I wanted to use I added users: System, Network service, and Users. And I gave them the same options as the users in the folder that had been working. And to my happy surprise it now works!

Thanks very much.
And I learned a lot again.

Fokke Received on Fri Jun 07 2019 - 13:04:20 CEST

Original text of this message