Re: How to re-activate databases

From: Fokke Nauta <usenet_at_solfon.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:43:11 +0200

On 07/06/2019 10:06, J.O. Aho wrote:
> On 06/06/2019 15.44, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>

>> Now, after setting back the data path to C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL
>> Server 8.0/Data, MySQL won't start anymore. Same message.

> Try with "C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data"

I did

> or even the stupid
> "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data"

Not this one. All slashes in the same direction (Unix)

> It could also be your editor which is automatically adding BOM character
> in the beginning of the file, I suggest you disable that and the resave
> the file.

Thanks.
This puts me on the right track. After saving the file with UTF-8 (default) and UNIX instead of PC, MySQL started again.

But still with the original path (C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data). I still can't change that. Weird problem.

I wanted the path to be E:/Files/Databases/MySQL, as other databases have their data there as well (E:/Files/Databases/xxx), and for backup reasons I'd like them being in the same path. But perhaps I'll have to live with this problem ...

Fokke Received on Fri Jun 07 2019 - 12:43:11 CEST

Original text of this message