Re: Can't connect to server

From: J.O. Aho <user_at_example.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:01:17 +0100

[Quoted] On 3/28/19 11:04 PM, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> On 28/03/2019 18:36, J.O. Aho wrote:
>> On 3/28/19 11:06 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:

>>> I think that should be %, not *:
>>>
>>> GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE ON heliumdb TO 'heliumuser'_at_'%';
>>
>> Yes, you are correct.
>>

> This is what you do in the MySQL shell?
> A bit too complex for me :-)

[Quoted] Yes, either in the shell or you can type it in phpmyadmin.

> Everything I typed in there didn't work. Error messages.

[Quoted] If not used to mysql sql queries, then it can be a bit difficult to get everything right, but luckily there are some documentations online:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/func-op-summary-ref.html
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/numeric-type-overview.html
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/date-and-time-type-overview.html
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/string-type-overview.html
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-syntax-data-manipulation.html

Sure you don't just read the reference manual from page one to the last one, if you want to learn more about mysql sql then better to start with a tutorial like for example

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/a-basic-mysql-tutorial (sorry don't know how good it is as I haven't read it).

And then you ask questions here when you don't figure out things :)

--

  //Aho