Re: Can't connect to server

From: Fokke Nauta <usenet_at_solfon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:59:56 +0100

[Quoted] On 29/03/2019 07:01, J.O. Aho wrote:
> On 3/28/19 11:04 PM, Fokke Nauta wrote:

>>> Yes, you are correct.
>>>

>> This is what you do in the MySQL shell?
>> A bit too complex for me :-)

> Yes, either in the shell or you can type it in phpmyadmin.
>

>> Everything I typed in there didn't work. Error messages.

> If not used to mysql sql queries, then it can be a bit difficult to get
> everything right, but luckily there are some documentations online:
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/func-op-summary-ref.html
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/numeric-type-overview.html
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/date-and-time-type-overview.html
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/string-type-overview.html
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-syntax-data-manipulation.html
>
> Sure you don't just read the reference manual from page one to the last
> one, if you want to learn more about mysql sql then better to start with
> a tutorial like for example
>
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/a-basic-mysql-tutorial
> (sorry don't know how good it is as I haven't read it).
>
> And then you ask questions here when you don't figure out things :)

[Quoted] Well, the tutorial is for "How to Install MySQL on Ubuntu and CentOS". As I'm more familiar with Windows then with Linuxes, it's the OS on all [Quoted] our pc's. But I'm happy to find a lot of information by googling. [Quoted] But on the site you mention (dev.mysql.com) there's a lot of information as well, I noticed.
And whet it gets too complicated for me, I'm happy to post my queries here! [Quoted] [Quoted] And thanks for helping me out. After installing the client (workbench) I noticed the network names have been changed from xxxx to xxxx.fritz.box. Thanks to our router but I don't know why. But after changing the user names by PHPAdmin it worked again.

[Quoted] I wouldn't have found that out by myself. I'm not familiar with MySQL.

Cheers,
Fokke Received on Fri Mar 29 2019 - 18:59:56 CET

Original text of this message