Re: migration of mysql to new server: wired errors

From: Julianony M <juliani.moon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:23:04 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 9:46:16 PM UTC-6, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 1/30/2018 4:55 PM, Julianony M wrote:
> > I have recently migrated several databases from MySQL-5.0.95 on a RedHat-6 server to MySQL-5.6.39 on a RedHat-7 server, along with their perl applications.
> >
> > While everything works just fine on the old server, it encounters problems on the new server when I perform the same database load:
> >
> > ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 383:
> > Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
> >
> > although the same data, same scripts works just fine on the old server.
> >
> > Could anyone suggest possible causes or spots to look at for a fix? A simple comparisons of /etc/my.ini from the two servers didn't give me much clue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

> How did you transfer your databases from the old to the new server?
>
> To start with I would show the table definitions (SHOW CREATE TABLE ...)
> from the old and the new databases and compare the two. If that doesn't
> help, post both CREATE TABLE statements here along with sample data (2-3
> rows should be sufficient) here. The failing SQL statement would also
> help. We can then try to duplicate your problem. It's hard to
> troubleshoot something like this remotely.

[Quoted] I did the database migration with 'mysqldump' into flat sql files on the old server; copy it to the new server; run mysql < sql file to set tables up.

On a number of tables I compared, SHOW CREATE TABLE results from both servers are identical. They are all "ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1". (I hope this also answered Natural Philosopher's question - they are not InnodB).

Thank you both for taking your time to help.

j Received on Wed Jan 31 2018 - 05:23:04 CET

Original text of this message