Re: migration of mysql to new server: wired errors

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:47:00 -0500

On 1/30/2018 4:55 PM, Julianony M wrote:
> I have recently migrated several databases from MySQL-5.0.95 on a RedHat-6 server to MySQL-5.6.39 on a RedHat-7 server, along with their perl applications.
>
> While everything works just fine on the old server, it encounters problems on the new server when I perform the same database load:
>
> ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 383:
> Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
>
> although the same data, same scripts works just fine on the old server.
>
> Could anyone suggest possible causes or spots to look at for a fix? A simple comparisons of /etc/my.ini from the two servers didn't give me much clue.
>
> Thanks in advance!

How did you transfer your databases from the old to the new server?

To start with I would show the table definitions (SHOW CREATE TABLE ...) from the old and the new databases and compare the two. If that doesn't help, post both CREATE TABLE statements here along with sample data (2-3 rows should be sufficient) here. The failing SQL statement would also help. We can then try to duplicate your problem. It's hard to troubleshoot something like this remotely.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address