Re: Problem with dynamic statement in bash

From: John Levine <johnl_at_taugh.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:18:13 -0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] In article <p3t3sf$4dc$1_at_dont-email.me>, [Quoted] The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid> wrote:
>PHP is a toy language: its OK for fast hacks on web pages but not for
>serious code...

[Quoted] [Quoted] The people who run Wordpress and Wikipedia would doubtless find your assertions to be amusing.

>PERL? well sinec all the 'PERL gurus'; I ever met were wankers who
>couldnt code, I never felt interested to learn it.

Your loss.

>Python is apperntly ammost useable, if you must have an interpreted
>langauge with its implicit garbage [collection] [not].

[Quoted] Ah, we're opining on languages we don't know and have never used. Well, then, let me put in a plug for COMIT and INTERCAL. They were great.

R's,
John

[Quoted] [Quoted] PS: Other comments about bash are on the right track. You can write all sorts of useful stuff but you have to be very careful about quoting and variable expansion.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl_at_iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",