Re: Problem with dynamic statement in bash

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:46:22 +0000

On 19/01/18 14:49, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Even better would be to use an application language such as perl or php.

I wouldnt bother. Having spent 4 hours grappling with 'out of memory' issues in php no matter how large I made the memory pool, 45 minutes rewriying the identical code in C now runs perfectly..

[Quoted] PHP is a toy language: its OK for fast hacks on web pages but not for serious code...

[Quoted] [Quoted] PERL? well sinec all the 'PERL gurus'; I ever met were wankers who couldnt code, I never felt interested to learn it.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Python is apperntly ammost useable, if you must have an interpreted langauge with its implicit garbage [collection] [not].

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.