Re: Does MySQL have fuzzy matching or no?

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:45:58 +0000

On 15/12/17 13:39, Axel Schwenke wrote:
> On 15.12.2017 13:22, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:

[Quoted] >> I want to know - if there is a string, say, "poop" in a field in a table, and I want to match it against the string "doop", and have the search return successful - can I? How, please?

> MySQL 5.7 now supports pluggable parsers for fulltext search. One is the
> n-gram parser that breaks field and search phrase into n-grams. A match on
> such a fulltext index would then find similar texts, too. In your case
> "doop" would match the trigram "oop" or the bigrams "oo" and "op" in "poop".
>
> https://mysqlserverteam.com/innodb-full-text-n-gram-parser/

old fashioned [LIKE '%oop'] ??
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.