Re: Does MySQL have fuzzy matching or no?

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:39:50 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] On 15.12.2017 13:22, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I want to know - if there is a string, say, "poop" in a field in a table, and I want to match it against the string "doop", and have the search return successful - can I? How, please?

[Quoted] MySQL 5.7 now supports pluggable parsers for fulltext search. One is the n-gram parser that breaks field and search phrase into n-grams. A match on such a fulltext index would then find similar texts, too. In your case "doop" would match the trigram "oop" or the bigrams "oo" and "op" in "poop".

https://mysqlserverteam.com/innodb-full-text-n-gram-parser/ Received on Fri Dec 15 2017 - 14:39:50 CET

Original text of this message