Re: Zip version of Workbench 6.3.9

From: <djburbridge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:39:19 -0700 (PDT)

Oh dear, something wrong in the water isn't there? I asked a simple question and seem to have stirred up a few feelings! Still, only what seems to be expected on this forum these days.

No, I didn't try it. Why? Because it didn't say anything about being able to create a USB stick version. Qualifier - yes, it might say something about it buried in the blurb, but on the face of it it simply states "Windows: Zip packages and 32-bit binaries are no longer published.". Actually, it's not even on the face of it - I happened to spot it trawling through the change history, and it's not even particularly highlighted there. I would suggest a major change to the installation requirements warrants something more than a 0.0.1 version change?

[Quoted] Anyway, I have now tried it. No it doesn't work because I also need to have the VC++ 2015 redistributable installed. Again, that should warrant more than a 0.0.1 version number change. Anyway, off I toddle to find that, only to find I can't install it on this machine because of admin rights restrictions.

So, maybe it would work on an unrestricted machine, I would have to try it. But then I still don't have a portable version unless the machine I want to use it on already has VC2015, or is unrestricted so I can install it. So, no, this is not a truly portable version of Workbench.

Back to HeidiSQL in the future... Received on Thu Mar 23 2017 - 14:39:19 CET

Original text of this message