Re: Day of the week

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:23:55 -0500

On 12/10/2016 8:30 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> On 10/12/16 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

>> On 12/10/2016 6:17 AM, Daniele wrote:
>>> Hi to all,
>>> i'm new in this group and new with sql.
>>>
>>> I'm reading a firebird (2.5) database, in a table there is a field DATE
>>> where is stored the record date and time.
>>> In my sql request i need to select all records saved on each day of week
>>> = 1 (monday)
>>>
>>> I tried with DAYOFWEEK but it's a unknow function.
>>>
>>> My query, which does not work in FlameRobin and DBeaver (Error: Function
>>> unknow DAYOFWEEK).
>>>
>>> Selcet * from Table1 where DayOfWeek(Table1."DATE")=1
>>>
>>> Can you help me?
>>>
>>> Thank's for all
>>>
>>> Daniele
>>
>> If you post in the appropriate place, you'll get a good answer. This
>> newsgroup is for the MySQL database (hence the "mysql" in its name).
>> You won't generally get good answers for firebird here (as the
>> well-known troll TNP just proved).
>>
> Fuck off and die Jerry, you total cunt.
>
> Guess what: I tried to help, all you had was a sneer and criticism.

And you have the wrong answer because your head is so far up your arse you can see your tonsils.

My message was more help. I didn't give a wrong answer. I tried to direct her to where she could get GOOD help. Something you are totally incapable of providing.

I suggest you break your laptop again. Usenet was so much nicer when you weren't around - as people in several newsgroups will attest.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address