Re: What development tool are good?

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 08:42:06 -0400

On 8/20/2016 11:57 PM, huey.y.jiang_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Many years ago, I worked in Texas, and found the database development toolkit was so good. The tool can provide a mirror of the database tables, named SandBox, so I can do table insert, update, delete, whatever. After a while, I can destroy the sandbox, and rebuild a new one, without bothering to do on the real tables. I was told by the boss that toolkit was purchased from IBM, expensive.
>
> Now I want to install or buy one of such a tool, if the price is affordable. Can somebody make recommendations? Thanks!

There's a difference between working on a mainframe and working on PCs/Macs. With a mainframe, your production system and development system are generally the same one (unless you're using VM). However, with PCs/Macs, you can (and should) have a separate development system as close to the production system as you can get.

I even keep multiple virtual machines with different configurations using Oracle's VM VirtualBox. That way I can match the software on the system I'm coding for.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address