Re: can't connect to remote mysql db at a particular time period

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 10:18:04 -0400

On 6/3/2015 3:03 AM, Anuj Agarwal wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> This is the error I am getting:
> ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'domain name' (110)
>
> I tried doing the telnet on the mysql port and it's also not working. Giving me connection timeout.
>
> I have two slaves on remote servers which are working fine during that period of time.
>
> I am running Ubuntu Linux on Microsoft Azure machine. I checked the firewall is not configured to reject connections at any period of time.

OK, since you got a connection timeout (instead of "connection refused"), we know that MySQL is running and the port is open.

So the next question would be - what is your system load at the time? This includes both MySQL and total system load. It sounds like something is taking so many resources that MySQL isn't able to respond in a timely manner.

I would also ensure error logging is enabled:

log-error=(full path and file name)

to see what's going on here,

Nowadays I wouldn't expect it to be a network congestion issue unless you have a very slow link to the outside world from the server, or a very overloaded internal network. Most networks these days can get slow at times, but they seldom produce timeouts like this. But if that were the case, I would expect you would see other applications failing. Since you didn't mention this occurring, I can only assume that's not a problem.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address