Re: enq: TS - contention

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 19:10:30 -0500

On 11/8/23 13:00, Hameed Amir (amir.hameed) wrote:

> The database version is 19.17.0.0, running on OEL8.
>
> In our Oracle E-Business Suite production database, a batch job (A)
> runs and spawns another job (B). Intermittently, job A runs longer and
> ends up getting terminated by the user. ASH data shows that the
> process running job A awaited the event "*enq: TS - contention*"

Long, long time ago, in a company far, far away, I've encountered a bug with enq: TS contention. The problem was deferred segment creation, regulated by parameter. I was instructed by Oracle Support to change the corresponding parameter to FALSE and the problems with TEMP space were gone.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant