RE: [EXTERNAL] enq: TS - contention

From: Hameed Amir <"Hameed>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 18:23:18 +0000

I have looked through the DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY view and discovered that this is the only program running into the "enq: TS - contention" issue. The SID belongs to P000 QC process.

Thanks
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Hameed Amir Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 1:01 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] enq: TS - contention

CAUTION: External source

Hi,
The database version is 19.17.0.0, running on OEL8. In our Oracle E-Business Suite production database, a batch job (A) runs and spawns another job (B). Intermittently, job A runs longer and ends up getting terminated by the user. ASH data shows that the process running job A awaited the event "enq: TS - contention".

Based on the limited information I have found, this event seems related to the TEMP tablespace. There is no SQL_ID associated with the session ID waiting on the event. There is a TOP_LEVEL_SQL_ID, which shows the following SQL statement:

select directory_name from all_directories where directory_path = :1

Has anyone run into this issue? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Amir