Duplicate v9i database to P-I-T

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 11:20:49 -0600

OS: Solaris 5.8
Oracle: 9.2.0.8 ( I knew this would bite us one day, but I have no control over it.)

Problem: Someone purged all the data from a single table, now they want it recovered to a P-I-T
Backups are still on disk, but have aged out. When I list backup of datafile 1, it shows the oldest backup is one day after the one I need. Unfortunately, you can't catalog backups in 9i. We also no longer have Oracle support because the company thought it was a waste of money. Is there anything I can do to duplicate a new database from the backups I need?

Also unfortunate that the production database and the clone are on the same server. Again, I had no choice in the matter. Am I totally screwed in recovering that table?

--

Sandy B.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 21 2023 - 18:20:49 CET