Re: Moving to AWS Oracle RDS from Oracle RAC - tnsnames.ora?

From: Maris Elsins <elmaris_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 21:25:13 +0200

Hi,

I don't think you need to edit the tnsnames on the RDS host. * You can create and start additional services for the RDS instance using DBMS_SERVICE
<
https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/arpls/DBMS_SERVICE.html#GUID-386E183E-D83C-48A7-8BA3-40248CFB89F4> * you can create DB from RDS using EZ connect string, ie.e. create database link test connect to myuser identified by mypass using 'rds_endpoint:port/service_name'

---
Maris Elsins