Re: Datapatch while users/applications are connected?

From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 19:52:11 +0100

RAC is patched in rolling fashion, so nothing should be down for users in any point in time. This includes datapatch. Even with single instance - if no/minimal downtime is desired, there really is no other option.
Monitor datapatch execution like any other database session - it has happened for me a few times that for example long running DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs lock the package while datapatch wants to replace the package - so
datapatch will start waiting for a lock.

--
Ilmar Kerm