Re: encryption software's

From: Joe Grosse <jhg_at_isnordic.dk>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 14:58:39 +0100

Hi,

If you are able to use ZFS, then you can cut encrypted volumes from a zpool and expose them to grid asm - you then have encryption “at rest” - overhead depends upon the ZFS implementation, the chip, whether your usage is OLTP or OLAP, how big your buffers are, etc. ZFS is I believe “free”/within O/S licensing. Another (fastest?) alternative is using self encrypting SSD’s. Br,

Joe