RE: Track and maintain data changes for analysis and back tracking

From: Clay Jackson <"Clay>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:52:05 +0000

Log Miner? Or a CDC capture tool?

Clay Jackson

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of nilesh kumar Sent: Monday, October 31, 2022 11:25 PM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Track and maintain data changes for analysis and back tracking

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not follow guidance, click links, or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear All,

Good Morning!

We have a special requirement from one of the application folks. 1. They would like to track the database changes, who did what changes and when in the database via the application interface. 2. They would like to document the individual steps that were executed for the data changes, its main purpose is for analysis and back tracking.

I had suggested a change management approach which would have a separated database and any changes in the database will be tracked via the change ticket, but the solution does not seem to be feasible to application owners.

Actually they are building a new system and process in place.

Any suggestions on this would be a great help. --
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh
Oracle DBA (sqlplus "/as sysdba" is my world)

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown