Re: ideal CPU/Memory relation

From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:28:13 +0200

Hi all,

thanks fro responding. We are actually talking of a big server. Provider offered 288 cores (16 Cpus a 18 cores, these are 8354H, one CPU can address 1,2 TB) and 6 TB RAM.
We said we only need 144 cores. Reaction was: then we need more RAM due the ideal CPU/RAM relation.
So far I can see it ought to be the other way around, if at all..

Regards

Lothar