Re: [EXTERNAL] ORA-1017 remote login SYS as SYSDBA

From: Leng Burgess <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 14:53:49 +1100

Hi Jack,

I forgot to also mention…

If PASSWORD_VERSIONS is 10g, you may also need to reset and/or unlock the accounts

SQL> col account_status form a10

select username, account_status,expiry_date,lock_date,password_versions,authentication_type from dba_users where password_versions='10G ' order by 1

SQL> alter user x identified by y account unlock;

I’ve been tearing my hear out with this case insensitivity for a while now too…

Cheers,

Leng.