Re: Issues with server and need to restore controlfiles and spfiles

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:34:26 -0800

Sandy,

Just curious:  which mechanism are you using to persist the addresses of the SCSI devices across reboots?  ASMLIB?  Linux UDEV?

If the pathname of the ASM disk are something like "/dev/sdc1" or "/dev/dm-3", then you're using device naming which changes on reboot, and probably should reviewOracle Support Document 1365511.1 (How to Configure LUNs for ASM Disks using WWID, DM-Multipathing, and ASMLIB on RHEL 5/OL 5 and  RHEL 6/OL 6  and RHEL7) which can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1365511.1.

And, as a side note, please press them to upgrade to at least to 11.2.0.4 on RHEL7?  Friends don't let friends run 11.2.0.1, as 11.2.0.1 is an example of where the maxim "/if it ain't broke don't fix it/" never even applied;  it was broke from the start.  The only good 11g database is an 11.2.0.4 database;  every other release in 11.1 and 11.2 is a crisis waiting to happen.

Hope this helps...

-Tim